Friday, August 1, 2008

SEXY IS A SMOLDERING WARM FIRE...

Being sexy has to start from the inside. It is being confident, secure, and yet, maintaining a sense of mystique...

It is like a smoldering fire, warm and inviting, as opposed to a raging fire. It is the essence of the person within making contact without, in soft and indirect ways. It is releasing a glimpse of the kitten inside, purring and playfully awaiting the time to roar. It is looking and feeling your best. Now, this is where it gets tricky, as how many of us really know HOW to look our best, let alone feel our best?

Blatant sexiness, that is, obvious sexiness is easy to pull of visually, but, how do we pull of a quiet storm? First of all, confidence and comfort in your own skin, mind, and spirit. Secondly, we should really study what we look good in, find the perfect hairstyle, makeup, and accessories which keep us unique and intriguing. Most of the women I admire for their sexiness is because of their mannerisms, and their pulled together looks....

I am changing, and so, my style must change along with me. I am no longer that young tigress who could turn heads with a sack on. No, I must pay attention to what most flatters my body, my personality, and yet looks warm without being overly attention grabbing. I am working on this slowly and surely, as I am stuck with a wardrobe which though, cost a fortune, no longer represents who I have become. It is frustrating, for I so love the things I own, but, fact is fact, I need a new, fresh, and less impacting look...

I already got my hair cut, and while it was way too short for my taste, it is now coming into itself, and I am liking it more and more. I am eliminating some of the bangs I wore, instead, training them to the side, which is much more flattering for my face and eyes. I am pretty convinced that this style will be with me for a while. I am also experimenting with my makeup, as I am the makeup Queen, and am trying different looks to tone it down a bit without appearing washed out. Since I am a natural blond, I tend to look washed out without makeup as I have green eyes, and my skin coloring is close to the shade of my hair, so, I really NEED makeup in order for my eyes to show...

People seem to find that easy, laid back, or classy pulled together style extremely attractive. Yes, even the ones who hang out at the local strip joints, seem to be attracted to women who reek sexy from the inside out, without letting it all out...

So, back to the statement of finding a look that is you, all you, full of comfort, style, and with a uniqueness. Try on different things, especially if you have always stuck with one look. I know most women tend to stick to a certain look, which would drive me crazy, but hey, that is me. It would be ideal to have looks for all of our feminine moods, think? I would like to look like the girl next door, the sexy secretary, the smoldering socialite, the attractive anchorwoman, the seductive stripper, and the outdoors adventure girl all in one. So, you see, there is much work to be done...

For myself, I tend to look best in classic lines, and the plainer it is on a hanger, the better it looks on me. I don't exactly know why this is true, but, it is. I have, for years now, ignored that, instead going for the more eye popping styles, but, know what? I am tired of them, and, they are making me look tired, so, back to the drawing board....

Sexy from the inside out, and dressed to quietly enhance that, interesting combination, which we will discuss more in coming posts...

By the way, being subtly sexy does not mean that you should never go to the extreme, for that too, has purpose...

No comments:

Post a Comment